Would you like to share a recipe of your own or contact the King of Crock? kingofcrock@gmail.com

Join us on Facebook, become a fan - KINGofCROCK

Sunday, February 27, 2011

RECIPE: ROYAL POULTRY RUB

I made a roasted chicken today in the slow cooker. It was, as the kids say, "off the hook". I cut up a few potatoes, threw in some baby carrots, two cups of chicken stock. But the real magic was the dry rub I used on the top of the bird. Follow this seasoning mix and just rub it onto the chicken before placing it in the crock. I cooked it on LOW for 9 hours. This was the best roasted chicken I have ever made (or so says the Queen of Crock).

3 tsp. sea salt
3 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. chili powder

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I read that if you put the bird upside down in the crock that it makes even the breast meat tender. I'm going to try this tip next time. YUM!

    ReplyDelete