Would you like to share a recipe of your own or contact the King of Crock? kingofcrock@gmail.com

Join us on Facebook, become a fan - KINGofCROCK

Sunday, October 2, 2011

RECIPE: Taco Stew

This one is currently in the Crock and smelling AWESOME! It looks a lot like a chili, but the spices are all different. The seasoning is simply one packet of taco seasoning and one packet of ranch dressing. Not too spicy, this is a hearty stew (and great for SUnday GAME DAY!)

1 Lb. ground turkey (or beef)
1 can Rotel chunky
1 can black beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 can chili beans (I really like CASA FIESTA beans)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 bag of frozen corn
  • Brown meat and onions, drain
  • Add meat and all other ingredients into the slow cooker
  • Cook on LOW for 8 hours
  • Serve with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar, and a dollop of sour cream
  • ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I have made this recipe a couple of times now and we LOVE it. Very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m on a very low carb eating plan that allows real, natural fats and meat protein, but does not allow garlic, milk or flour. I’ve discovered since starting this just after Easter that I have a bit of a gluten sensitivity, too, as gluten causes inflamation and achiness in my joints. I’m willing to “cheat” just a smidge by using a very small amount of garlic powder, and I can certainly substitute heavy cream for milk, but I’m not sure what to do to replace the flour. Can it be omitted completely? Pickup Lines Google Gravity Tricks I love you quotes Good Night Quotes

    ReplyDelete