Would you like to share a recipe of your own or contact the King of Crock? kingofcrock@gmail.com

Join us on Facebook, become a fan - KINGofCROCK

Sunday, October 2, 2011

RECIPE: Taco Stew

This one is currently in the Crock and smelling AWESOME! It looks a lot like a chili, but the spices are all different. The seasoning is simply one packet of taco seasoning and one packet of ranch dressing. Not too spicy, this is a hearty stew (and great for SUnday GAME DAY!)

1 Lb. ground turkey (or beef)
1 can Rotel chunky
1 can black beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 can chili beans (I really like CASA FIESTA beans)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 bag of frozen corn
  • Brown meat and onions, drain
  • Add meat and all other ingredients into the slow cooker
  • Cook on LOW for 8 hours
  • Serve with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar, and a dollop of sour cream
  • ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. I have made this recipe a couple of times now and we LOVE it. Very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m on a very low carb eating plan that allows real, natural fats and meat protein, but does not allow garlic, milk or flour. I’ve discovered since starting this just after Easter that I have a bit of a gluten sensitivity, too, as gluten causes inflamation and achiness in my joints. I’m willing to “cheat” just a smidge by using a very small amount of garlic powder, and I can certainly substitute heavy cream for milk, but I’m not sure what to do to replace the flour. Can it be omitted completely? Pickup Lines Google Gravity Tricks I love you quotes Good Night Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you have just made my day. I was just talking to my husband about wanting to make more things from scratch. This is awesome. Dark Web Links How to Access the Dark Web Website Traffic Estimator Best Backlink Checker Tools Play Free Games Online

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget