1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
3 limes (cut and juice)
3 cloves of garlic
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 chopped medium red onion
1/2 cup oil (olive or canola)
1 whole chicken (4-5 lbs.)
- combine all ingredients (sans chicken) into a lg. ziploc bag mix well
- remove chicken insides, clean, and pat dry
- poke several holes in chicken with fork to allow marinade to permeate
- place chicken in bag with marinade
- marinade chicken in refrigerator for 8 hours, turning once or twice
- place bird in slow cooker for LOW 8-10 hours
A wine pairing suggestion....
New to the market is Wicked Good White.
Check it out... it's worth a try!
I found it on FACEBOOK HERE!