Put on your bad Hawaiian shirt, throw on the steel drum music (what do you mean you don't own steel drum music?), and pour yourself a pina colada, it's time to do some slow cookin.... ISLAND STYLE.
This string of posts will feature creative recipes inspired by the islands of the Caribbean! With tropical fruit, strong spices, and boat loads of rice and beans, Caribbean food is distinct.. and delicious!
This first recipe is a simple way to prepare a whole chicken... close your eyes and you might even think you are in Antigua.
1 whole chicken (3 or 4 lbs.)
1 can of pineapple chunks
2 cloves of garlic
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Press garlic and rub on chicken
- Chop mango into large pieces
- Pour pineapple chunks (with liquid) over chicken
- Add Mango chunks
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours
Serve with plantains and black beans