As I watch the Major League Baseball season opener (Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees), I am thinking of a game night favorite recipe, a simple pulled pork. This recipe will feed 8 hungry baseball fans. Serve the pulled pork on bulky rolls topped with Coleslaw!
1 (12oz) can of Root Beer
5 Lb. Pork Butt (lean)
1 white onion
1 tbs. garlic powder
1 tbs. smoked paprika
1 tbs. black pepper
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I am a big fan of Johnny Black BBQ Sauce and Sweet Baby Rays)
- Slice onion and place rings in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Put pork on top of onions
- Spread garlic, paprika, and pepper evenly on pork
- Pour root beer over meat
- Cook on LOW for 8 - 10 hours, until meat can easily be pulled apart.
- Remove onions, dice half and add back into pot
- With two forks, pull apart the roast
- Add your favorite BBQ Sauce into mixture
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes, until hot.
DO YOU HAVE A PULLED PORK VARIATION THAT YOU ENJOY? Email the KING of CROCK at email@example.com.