Would you like to share a recipe of your own or contact the King of Crock? kingofcrock@gmail.com

Join us on Facebook, become a fan - KINGofCROCK

Saturday, March 27, 2010

RECIPE: Happy Frozen Food Month Chicken Breast

Did you know that the National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association has declared March America's Frozen Food Month? Neither did I until about 15 minutes ago, when I stublmed across that website. But it remind me of a pretty cool recipe from my early slow cookin' days. Did you ever have a "oh no I forgot to take the chicken down for dinner" moment? This recipe takes frozen chicken breasts and frozen vegetables and cooks them through thaw to perfection. I was unsure of this recipe the first time I made it, but low and behold...it was GOOD! So here it is.

6 frozen chicken breasts (bone-in)
3 cups chicken broth
1 pkg. of dry italian dressing mix
1 bag of frozen california vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot)
  • place frozen chicken breasts in slow cooker
  • sprinkle entire packet of italian dressing mix over chicken
  • pour water/broth over chicken
  • cook on LOW for 8 hours
  • add vegetables
  • cook on LOW for an additional 2 hours, or until done
ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment