It is EASY to cook a roast for a holiday, Sunday family dinner, or a small dinner party. This fool proof recipe can't fail (unless of course you overcook your beef... which the King certainly has done). The trick is to start by searing the beef. This keeps much of the moisture and flavor in the roast during cooking.
5 lb. top round roast
2 tbs. oil
3 cups beef stock
- Roll roast in flour, creating a thin white coating that covers the entire roast
- Heat oil in skillet on high
- Braise the beef by cooking in skillet at high heat
- Place meat in slow cooker
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Pour beef stock over meat.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours. It may need additional time, but you don't want to over cook your roast.
the KING RECOMMENDS: serve with mashed potatoes, green beans, and snowflake rolls.