Would you like to share a recipe of your own or contact the King of Crock? kingofcrock@gmail.com

Join us on Facebook, become a fan - KINGofCROCK

Saturday, February 27, 2010

King in San Francisco, a foodies paradise

A trip to San Francisco... inspiration for some SLOW COOKIN'!

As I return from a business trip to the San Francisco Bay area, about 10 pounds heavier than I left, I reminisce about all the incredible sights and delicious foods that I enjoyed. If you have never visited San Francisco, it is certainly a food lovers paradise. Eateries on every corner, literally. This diverse city has distinct cultural neighborhoods, all connected by cable cars, trolleys, and
buses. However, to experience the true essence of the area, I would encourage anyone to walk, you don't want to miss a thing.

It was more hilly than I anticipated, leaving me searching for an oxygen bar at the top of Hyde Street. But the views of the bay are breathtaking from any of the tops. The need for cabs is limited (which is good because they are a bit pricey). You can ride the street cars for a couple bucks for a couple hours. The famed Cable Cars are a little pricier ($7), but are important to appropriately "do" San Francisco. But enough about transportation... let's talk food!

Over the next several days, I will blog recipes inspired by meals and experiences I had on my trip. From the seafood at Fisherman's Wharf, to the Asian Fusion of Chinatown, to the fresh pastas of North Beach, to the chocolate at the famed Ghiardelli Square, ending with a visit to the Clos LaChance Winery (www.clos.com), I hope to share my experiences with you through the joy of SLOW COOKIN'!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment