Would you like to share a recipe of your own or contact the King of Crock? kingofcrock@gmail.com

Join us on Facebook, become a fan - KINGofCROCK

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

RECIPES: QUICK AND EASY

I bumped into my friend, Tom, today at a conference. Tom spoke the magic words when he said, "I think I am going to buy a crock pot." After finding out what he was looking for and going on a "slow cookin' tirade" for 15 minutes on the pros and cons of about 15 different crocks, I recommended that he buy the Hamilton Beach 33697 6 qt. Crock.

He then asked for some recipes. He said, "I'm lazy, make them easy." The King never backs down from a crock pot challenge. I told him that I would post three recipes with 4 ingredients or less. Here you go, Tom (and the hundreds of KoC followers)...

RECIPE: COUNTRY STYLE RIBS
1 package boneless country style ribs (2 lbs. +)
1 bottle BBQ Sauce (I like Barn Brew BBQ)
  • combine ingredients in slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 hours
  • ENJOY!
RECIPE: EASY BEEF ROAST
1 Beef Roast (4 lbs.)
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 package of dry onion soup mix
  • place roast in slow cooker
  • pour tomatoes over beef
  • cover with soup mix
  • cook on LOW for 8 hours
  • ENJOY!
RECIPE: Ham and Potatoes
Boneless ham (3 lbs.)
8 red bliss potatoes, halved
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. dry mustard
  • place potatoes in slow cooker
  • place ham on potatoes
  • crumble brown sugar on ham and sprinkle mustard
  • cook on LOW for 10 hours (or until potatoes are tender)
  • ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment