The Tater Tot is a trademarked product name from the Ore-Ida company.
The Tater Tot first appeared in 1953.
In 2009, Americans consumed over 70 Millions lbs. of tots!
Reclaimed stardom in 2004 with a little help from their friend Napoleon Dynamite.... Lucky!
RECIPE: TATER TOT CROCK-erole
Who said you could only eat your tater tot casserole in the school cafeteria. This twist on the kids' classic is an easy, delicious, comfort food meal.
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cans of sweet corn (drained)
32 oz. bag of frozen tater tots
1.5 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with the frozen tots
- mix ground beef and onions, soup, and corn
- Spread mixture evenly over tots
- salt and pepper to taste
- cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours
- spread cheese over casserole
- cook an additional 30 minutes on HIGH